This is my 2nd year as a quilter in the Humility group and I Just. Love. It. Next month is my month to choose the block layout for our do. Good Stitches charity group and its been rough. I’ve had zero inspiration and have been searching and waffling, waffling and searching as I tried to decide what direction I was going. Then I found this, the Delectable Mountain Quilt by Old Red Barn Co. This is perfect! Something simple and colorful and full of cheer. Like me 😂
For each block:
- Choose bright fabrics with good contrast. Press and starch the crap out of those babies.
- Cut (2) 12.5″ squares from each fabric
- Cut your squares in half, corner to corner then match each half with a contrasting fabric.
- Sew the 2 triangles together, forming a ginormous HST. Trim to 12″
- Layer 2 HSTs, right sides together (RST), nesting seams:
- Cut each block into (4) 3″ strips. Slicing the blocks RST allows for the mountains to form in opposite directions. Make sure not to skip this step!
- Arrange the strips in mountain order and stitch together (using a 1/4″ seam)
These blocks are addicting. I’ve already made 10?!? If everyone could make 4 blocks that would be awesome. They’re a quick sew. Please use the quilt from Red Barn Co as inspiration for the color theme and have fun!